In the ecommerce industry, dropshipping creates the buzz! Here are the 5 best online payment gateways suitable for dropshipping businesses!
Dropshipping businesses work just like any other ecommerce businesses. The only difference is that dropshippers don’t sell items directly from their warehouses. In order for them to sell the products of manufacturers, they need an online payment gateway to process transactions.
The payment methods are different in different countries, and people prefer the ones they are familiar with. For example, in the US and UK, PayPal is the most commonly used online payment gateway. In Canada, Stripe and Payoneer are mostly used. If you are targeting a country, make sure to choose a payment gateway that is already known and accepted by the local audience.
When choosing a payment gateway for your dropshipping business, make sure to:
- Choose a payment gateway that is popular in the country where you are selling your products
- Make sure the payment gateway offers a low transaction fee
- Check if you can use the gateway
- Check if the gateway is compatible with dropshipping stores
- Check if the ecommerce payment gateway offers a great shopping experience to the customers.
And now, let’s talk about the best online payment gateways for dropshipping businesses:
- PayPal: This is one of the most popular payment gateways for online stores. It is accepted in more than 200 countries, supports all major credit cards – Visa, American Express, Mastercard, and etc. All you need to start dropshipping is opening a business PayPal account.
- Stripe: This is a US-based payment gateway, popular and available in over 25 countries. The company supports all known credit cards including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and more. It is mostly used in Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
- 2Checkout: Another popular payment gateway, available in over 80 countries. They support all major credit cards such as Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club, and more. This payment gateway is available in third-world countries where it is used in combination with other payment gateways.
- Skrill: A global ecommerce payment gateway, available in over 40 countries. They charge 1.9 checkout transfer fee.
- Authorize.net: Currently available in over 30 countries, this is one of the oldest payment gateways for credit cards. It comes with multiple extensions for smooth integration with ecommerce stores.
Ecommerce solution Shopify supports all of these 5 online payment gateways and is the perfect solution for your dropshipping business. You can build your own store, add items, choose your preferred payment method and start selling in no time.